Goodies

Lately, Back to Nature’s Sunflower Seed and Pumpkin Seed granola has been a constant for breakfast or mid morning snack. I put a cup of berries in it and have it with milk or yogurt and my tea. Divine. (eating it now…)

We like fruit snacks up in here but they have to be GOOD fruit snacks, meaning soft, and tasting like FRUIT. We’re fruit snack snobs. The majority of the fruit snacks on the market taste like wax with some high fructose corn syrup mixed in to confuse everyone. Retch. I’ve mentioned Annie’s fruit bunnies (we’re partial to the berry patch flavor) and recently I found in the baby aisle Tasty Brand fruit snacks. Super delicious.

6PackPlain

We’ve been making popsicles and smoothies like nobody’s business. (I add egg white to the smoothies for protein. Don’t tell my children.) Summer time eating is so easy and fun. I love the casualness of it. Last night the kids had fruit, cheese and crackers for dinner while we watched the original Karate Kid.

I was all sorts of wiped out after we went to our friends’ annual Memorial Day party. I got too much sun and had a few too many Moscow Mules. It was SUCH a fun party though. Saw lots of awesome peeps I hadn’t seen since last year. I can’t remember how many people I dragged into the bathroom to flash the new rack..6 of 7?

On that front,..everything is healing really well and next up with be the tattooing of the areola. I’m going to have ELK document the process which will be cool.

Wishing you an enjoyable Memorial Day. I’m trying to be present and remember why today is important. Thank you to all of the soldiers and their families.

5 comments:

Confessions of a Mother, Lawyer & Crazy Woman | June 4, 2010 at 11:04 AM

Only six or seven flashees? Really? I appreciate your restraint, I probably would be up to triple-digits by now.

Enjoy your weekend, Emily, hope it is full of good things, sunshine, and fun!

XO, J

Anonymous | June 9, 2010 at 7:23 AM

Just saw these right after I read this- bought them! They are on the snack agenda for the afternoon. Thanks!

Confessions of a Mother, Lawyer & Crazy Woman | June 10, 2010 at 5:58 AM

Checking in on you (since I have no email!), hope your first weeks of summer have been happy and relaxing! XOXO, J

Confessions of a Mother, Lawyer & Crazy Woman | June 20, 2010 at 8:26 PM

I am blog-stalking you, still no email over here, oddly freeing ...

Just wanted you to know I was thinking about you today, Father's Day.

All my best to your family, J

Emily | June 20, 2010 at 8:53 PM

Hey J!
Thanks for the sweet note.
I could COMPLETELY see how no email would be freeing.
I'll get off my ass and update the blog one of these days. Feeling supremely lazy+busy with life+lost my camera so no pics. :(

XO