Lavender Lady

lavender

I love the smell of lavender. I used to hate it and thought it smelled like old ladies. (I would turn my nose up at the lavender scented products when I was stocking up on Spring Rain lotion and soap at Crabtree and Evelyn in high school. I love how scents can remind you of specific times.)

I digress…

But now I seek it out and inhale deeply every time I come into contact with it.

Sometimes, I’ll dab a little oil under each nostril to smell for hours.

I buy most all of my lavender products locally from Moondance Botanicals, a magical little shop in Denver you should check out if you’re in the area.

I always put lavender oil in the bath when I’m soaking. Sometimes if I’m just soaking my feet, I’ll put in a few drops. I highly recommend soaking your feet. An acupuncturist recommended it and I find it so relaxing, right before bed.

I have a bottle of lavender oil and water that I spritz in all of our rooms as the kids are getting on pajamas and readying for bed. I like to think it helps relax them too, or at least signal that it’s wind down time.

I love it in candles. St. Germain-en-Laye Lavender is one of my fave lavender scented candles. Peter, however, hates it and thinks it smells like “another guy is in the house” (he thinks it smells too much like a guy’s cologne) so I don’t buy it much anymore.

You can’t go wrong with an old classic like Dr. Bronner’s lavender soap.

And finally, on this little lavender tour, I save the best for last. Dagoba Lavender blueberry chocolate bar. Haven’t had this in a while because it’s not vegan but the combination of lavender, blueberry and chocolate is beyond delightful.

dag-cbblueberry

3 comments:

The Wife | May 2, 2011 at 1:57 PM

mmmm. lavender and eucalyptus are my two favorite scents. they smell fresh. highly recommend keihl's deluxe hand and body lotion with aloe vera and oatmeal in lavender. nice and subtle. also, the farm lady that writes that blog I sent you, apifera farm, sells organic bulk lavender from her farm. it's heaven. i put sachets between my sheets in the linen closet.

Mailornish | May 2, 2011 at 3:41 PM

I heart lavender as well and Moondance Botanicals. Lovely!

Mel | May 2, 2011 at 3:46 PM

Oregon has a lavender festival in July and I am going this year. Lavender cookies, lavender lemonade...I will be in lavender heaven!