Chop chop

Ok, so I did one of those Brazilian Keratin Treatments that straighten and smooth your curls/frizz out.

I’m still not sure about it. I don’t hate it, I don’t love it. It’s just there.

I have always had an expectation management problem and this was no exception. I thought I would do this treatment and my life would change. Stupid, I know. That’s vanity for you.

Meg’s friend Erin, who recommended the treatment, warned me I’d feel like Cher for the first few days. The hair SO smooth, close to your head and stick straight. A fact I found hysterically accurate. But it didn’t end after a few days. And I felt like Axl Rose. So, I freaked out and had my hairdresser chop my hair off.

This is how it turned out:

hair 004

I’m still totally indifferent. It’s weird. I may even have him hack at it some more.

Yes, I am wearing pajamas in the picture. And yes, I am in them usually by 5pm, pretty much every day since I got them in 2 colors a few weeks ago. As well as these comfy slippers. Oh house clothes…how I love you so.

1 comments:

Confessions of a Mother, Lawyer & Crazy Woman | February 29, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Your pajamas are nicer than my "real" clothes. Jelly.