Crabby Patty

I’m here.

I have many things to blog about but I’m crabby and just want to sit. And be still. And not talk.

Here are a few things you could do to improve my mood though:

  • RSVP, people. Why is that optional these days? Have you no couth? HJ’s bday party was a tad spendy. I counted on the RSVPs to give me an accurate head count (duh). I had a no show, whom I will now refer to as “gimme back my 30 dollars”
  • Along the same lines, when someone lets you into their lane while driving, WAVE to them, assholes. No one does this.

Ironic that today is Thursday Loves and I want to spit fire and bite flesh.

Here are few bright spots though.

  • A beautiful BREEzy birthday girl’s party at a bowling alley on Monday night. My date was the lovely ELK and MUCH fun was had. There were good eats, bowling and really lovely people.
  • My mom, HJ and I were chosen to be a part of Justin Hackworth’s photography project called 30 Strangers. This is actually tres cool!  A ton of people applied and we were chosen! This makes up for the fact that I NEVER win anything. Plus, he’s a killer photographer and I will cherish a photo of my mama, my baby girl and me. We’ll fly into UT early April and spend a night or two there. It’ll be just like Thelma and Louise but different.

Need to go find a better mood. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

Taylor | March 11, 2010 at 11:03 AM

People who down wave in traffic, are mean-hearted, angry, devil people. I don't think I am exaggerating.

Hope your spirits life and congrats on being the BIG winner:)

Confessions of a Mother, Lawyer & Crazy Woman | March 11, 2010 at 11:23 AM

My mood has been the same way for the past several days. Spitting fire and biting flesh sums it up perfectly. As always, you made me laugh, so thanks for that.

Weirdly, I thought of you this morning when I had cake batter ice cream for breakfast. That downgraded the mood from spitting fire to merely breathing smoke and ash. I may have more for lunch.

As for the RSVP and waving, YES people, on both counts! Though I admit to sometimes being a bad RSVP'er myself ... but I blame that on the forget-everything brain not general lack-of-manners ... so unless that person has a brain defect, yes, they owe you $30 ... and a glass of wine.

Sounds like H had an amazing party though ... stingrays! What a fun mom you are to plan a party like that ... I am sure she loved it.

Sheri Nugent | March 11, 2010 at 3:27 PM

I can't wait to see your 30 Strangers portrait. You MUST post on your blog when you get them. What a great activity that is... and his photos are beautiful. Just wait til he gets a look at Miss Photogenic Hadley. The camera loves that girl.

The Wife | March 12, 2010 at 11:58 AM

OMG, I am so excited for the Justin Hackworth photos!