WWPD

I admit, when I read “Just Kids” it was strangely life altering. I fell in love with Patti Smith. She’s a bad ass. No doubt. Strong and brave and fearless and smart and ferociously talented. I want to be her when I grow up.

When I see pictures of her, I take a deep breath and slowly exhale while studying every detail.

This site, fantastically named “Awesome People Hanging Out Together” has been mentioned everywhere lately. Have you seen it? It’s sublime.

This picture stopped me in my tracks, of course. Patti and William S.Burroughs? Yes, please. Look how he’s holding her arm. Good stuff.

pattiwilliam

2 comments:

Meg | November 3, 2012 at 6:37 AM

Thanks to your recommendation, I loved that book as well. I felt such a kinship with Patti. I was immediately in awe of her, as well as somewhat protective, like I am of friends. The writing was so beautiful and her journey so compelling. Another suggestion of yours that I couldn't put down....thank you!

Emily | November 16, 2012 at 11:58 PM

I read that book because of you, and I so loved it. I miss you terribly, and can't wait to to be your au pair, though I may be 10 years too late. I can't wait to see pics of the new paint, and please keep writing forever! TG for heating pads. Love, me