In Praise of My Bed

calmbedroom2

                                (pic source unknown)

 

In Praise of My Bed

by Meredith Holmes

 

At last I can be with you

The grinding hours

since I left your side!

The labor of being fully human,

working my opposable thumb,

talking, and walking upright.

Now I have unclasped

unzipped, stepped out of.

Husked, soft, a be-er only,

I do nothing, but point

my bare feet into your

clean smoothness

feel your quiet strength

the whole length of my body.

I close my eyes, hear myself

moan, so grateful to be held this way.

2 comments:

Confessions of a Mother, Lawyer & Crazy Woman | March 10, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Ah. And now I want a nap ...

Emily | March 13, 2013 at 11:50 PM

And now I'd like to say welcome back to the blogging world.
Also, I know what you're talking about.
Keep coming back. It works if you work it.
Super Supe to the Supe Loving You-
ELV