Distracted

girls

Remember this scene from GIRLS this season? Episode 4, I think. Hannah and Jessa were in the tub together and Jessa was crying after her breakup with Thomas John.

It was a beautiful scene. But here was my issue.

That tub is filthy.

Like Did-someone-break-into-your-house-and-paint-excrement-on-the-grout? filthy.

In fact, while watching this scene, I was so distracted by the filth of the tub that I started thinking about how I would clean it. (Which makes me a TOTAL ma’am, I’m aware. I’m officially old.)

Here’s the tape that played in my head:

“Bleach would be involved for sure. And I would totally use one of those CLOROX bleach pen things I’m in love with that you use to bleach grout. It’s wildly satisfying. And so precise! I love the feeling of accomplishment you feel after. I cannot believe they are sitting in that tub? Would I have sat in a tub that dirty in my 20s? I’m sure I did. Wow, that’s really gross.”

Credits role.

DAMN! I missed the whole scene.

Rewind.

Do not be distracted. Do not be distracted.

Distracted again! That nasty tile sucks me in every time.

I had to watch the scene 3 times. And I loved it.

2 comments:

ELV | March 21, 2013 at 11:57 PM

You're back. Finally.
I know there were pubes floating around the tub, pieces of toilet paper freed from their butts.
The crippling thing to me was Hannah's comment about peeing in the tub. Yes, I peed in the tub when I was 4. Maybe even 5 (damn you tinker bell bath packet!)!
Never in a tub as a pre-teen, teen, young adult, adult, elderly lady. I'll take a bit of a dirty tub because I know it's hard out here for a pimp. If you had a midwestern nanny things might be different. Not cleaner. Just different.
You're beautiful, I love you.

Anonymous | April 10, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Laughed and smiled while reading this. I was feeling the same way while watching that scene. She does so many things that make me uncomfortable and I think that's why I like it. Glad you are blogging again.S