Funk Removal

Have been in a funk for a few days. Today I decided to do something about it.

These things in combination seemed to have done the trick.

  • Find a good vegan soup recipe for dinner so I don’t have to eat the same motherscratching brown rice and veggies.
  • Noon yoga class with a righteous instructor
  • stroll through Vitamin Cottage grabbing some groceries, including the prettiest strawberries I have seen in a long time, roasted pumpkin seeds and frozen wheatgrass shots.
  • Drive home with the windows and sunroof open, taking in the amazing Colorado day.
  • Listen to CD made YEARS ago by KBDK, which contains a good amount of classic rock and hippie jams. (Widespread, Phish, Grateful Dead…)
  • Windows still open. Volume up embarrassingly loud.
  • Pull into the driveway with a smile on my face and then proceed to take 2 shots of wheatgrass and eat strawberries over the sink.

Mission accomplished. Funk removed.

It’s day 16 of the cleanse, people. Uh huh. I’m feeling pretty badass. Not supremely badass as there have been bumps in the road. Like this morning when I emailed B and was like “TALK ME DOWN FROM THE LEDGE. SCREW THIS!”

But still, maybe a little bad ass.

Good job, body. You’re doing swell.

On a TV front, are you watching Portlandia, yet? Mkay. Get on that. Although, don’t repeat lines to Peter and laugh hysterically because he’ll just look at you blankly. Also, I know I’m totally late for the party but FRINGE? Hello, fantastic. I’m deep into Season 1. I’m also going to acquire Friday Night Lights. After all of the hullaballoo everyone makes about it, the shit better change my life. Kidding. Sort of.

Wishing you wonderful Tuesday.

1 comments:

Beth | February 22, 2011 at 7:50 PM

Love your funk removal. I should print it out for hints on how to remove my own. Didn't know you could buy wheatgrass shots like that, cool. Never got your talk me down from the ledge email, email has been weird today. Had a biscuit at dinner (oops).