Such is Life

Sorry no posts lately. I just needed time to live. Plus, I got sick for a few days and that sucked. Luckily, today I woke up feeling better and was SO relieved. I can’t imagine if I had to postpone this procedure.

Tomorrow is the day and I’m ready.

I literally am so humbled by and grateful for everyone pitching in and lending a hand. It’s unreal. And I am in awe. THANK YOU!

I am also rocking really kick ass hair in case anyone was wondering. I got the mani/pedi and hair done today and I really do feel I am ready for battle. My darling hairdresser had a bottle of wine and oversized malted milk balls ready this evening for our rendezvous. There was much celebrity gossiping, wine swilling and cancer jokes.

I also got a boatload of magazines to peruse. I’m sure there will be MUCH waiting tomorrow.  I’m going to have to remember my iPod too. Can’t let a moment go by without music pumping through my veins. It’s my strength elixir. (thanks KH for the delicious word) Oh, and I randomly bought bright red lipstick today too. What is that about? Also picked up a bottle of Kiehl’s grapefruit lotion. Deliciousness abounds.

Anyhoo.

I am ok. I am more than ok. I am strong and surrounded by love and light. I also see all of your little faces in my head cheering me on, which makes me smile.

And in a private note to my boobs, I would like to say thank you for the good times. Thanks for feeding both of my babies, being a pretty good size and all around serving your purpose.

I’m crying now.

Really?

Now?

I haven’t cried much at all, really and now, when I’m trying to put together a good bye note to my boobs, tears roll down my cheeks.

Such is life.

2 comments:

Taylor | September 11, 2009 at 10:32 AM

I just love you EP

Confessions of a Mother, Lawyer & Crazy Woman | September 11, 2009 at 10:58 AM

Was just checking your blog to see how you are doing and your post made me cry, too. I am glad you are surrounded by deliciousness and have music and kick-ass hair. Goes a long way. Such is life.

Thinking of you ...